Thursday, March 08, 2007

John's Mail to Fake People

Yes, John invented a lot of fake people for me to get junk mail for. He must have spent a couple of hours filling out a huge stack of business reply cards with my address and goofy names. This would have been about a year and a half ago. I was pregnant with Justice. Here are some of the names that I can remember:

Jon Potte Outhouse-- I still get mail for him, usually outdoor / camping catalogs
Lydianous -- Still get this one- life insurance
Bruce Nathornious - Yup, still get that one
Bruce Gaylord - Yup
Bruce and Ross Theater of Pain - Parenting magazine- I canceled- I'll put that story below
The Nudist Society of Bethalto - still get that one, usually yoga clothing catalogs
Chubbie - pregnancy / baby stuff - haven't got that one in a while
Tubbie - same as above
Fats - ditto
Gordon B. Hinckley - Yes, John is about to be eaten by she-bears any second.
Something about gay & lesbians, I can't quite remember that one.
Mrs. Rabbity M. Geropostal
Hardy Dumper - L.L. Bean Catalog

That's all I can think of for now. About the Theater of Pain. We got a bill from Parenting Magazine, so I had to call and cancel the subscription. I had to tell the lady on the phone the name on the account!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i kill me!

timpani76 said...

I'm trying to figure out if this blog is so funny because its just funny, or because I know you people. I can't decide.

Anonymous said...

This idea came to me while Liz was pregnant with Erik and with kidney stones at the same time. I spent ALOT of time in hospital waiting rooms, with nothing to do but leaf through magazines. Magazines have alot of Business Reply Mail cards in them.
J